Do you ever try to avoid hot or cold drinks because you know how painful your teeth can be? It might be time to talk to our dentist about the sensitivity you are experiencing. There are other things that can exaggerate the sensitivity also such as cold air and coffee. Tooth sensitivity is very common and can come and go over time also.
Causes for tooth sensitivity
- Damaged enamel caused from brushing too hard
- Receding gums
- Damaged enamel from acidic foods and drinks
- Grinding and clenching your teeth (bruxism/teeth grinding)
- Periodontal disease
How to reduce tooth sensitivity
- Practice good oral hygiene by keeping your mouth as healthy as possible by brushing gently and flossing properly
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Use sensitive toothpaste (Sensodyne or Colgate pro relief)
- Use a super soft toothbrush
- Use Tooth Mousse
If you would like to book in to have a discussion with our dentist, please contact us to schedule an appointment on (02) 86779094 or fill out your details to contact us.
Private Health Insurers
24x7 Dental Suite has partnered with HICAPS and Medicare to make claiming and payments easier for patients and health practitioners Australia-wide.
24x7 Dental Suite Participating Health Funds & Health Insurance Brands